Where to apply for your DFG

If you have disability yourself, or live with someone who does, and need to make adaptations to your home then you might be eligible for a grant from your Council. It’s called a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) and can be worth up to £30,000 in England.

If you live in a County then you usually start by having an assessment from an Occupational Therapist at the County Council. If they think you need adaptations they will refer you on to your District or Borough Council for the grant. In a Unitary Council, London Borough or Metropolitan Borough it’s similar but the Occupational Therapists are usually in the Social Services Department and grants are handled by the Housing Department.

Enter your full postcode to get the contact details for both - so you know where to ask for an assessment and where to ask if you will be eligible.

If you're looking for a Home Improvement Agency to help please visit www.findmyhia.org.uk

“About DFG” gives more information about the grant.

We try to keep all of the information up to date but if you find anything on this site that is wrong, please email us at info@foundations.uk.com so we can fix it for the next person.